05 Apr Beef in Flaming Chili Oil Recipe
By: Chef Li Jun Han
Published on: April 5th, 2021
Cuisine Type: Sichuan Chinese
Description: This is a delicious recipe for Beef in Flaming Chili Oil. It is provided courtesy of Chili House SF’s executive Chef Han, an internationally renowned chef in the world of authentic Northern Chinese cuisine.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Beef in Flaming Chili Oil Ingredients:
– 250 grams Ribeye
– Half of a Cucumber
– 50 grams Dry Chili Pepper
– 30 pieces of Peppercorns
– 1 tbsp Chili Bean Sauce
– 2 Spring Onion
– 3 pieces of Ginger Slices
– Garlic Slices (Half of the garlic clove)
– 2 Tsp Chicken Bouillon Powder
– 1/4 Cup of Chinese Shaoxing Wine
– 2 Cups of Water – 1 Tsp Vegetable Oil
– 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
– 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
– 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
– Single Egg
1) Slices the ribeye into 2mm each piece
2) Marinate the beef slices with one egg, cornstarch and vegetable oil for 10 mins
3) Using a vegetable peeler to create long thin slices of cucumber. Cut the long thin slices into half.
4) Stir fry the peppercorn for 30 seconds in low heat. Grind the peppercorn into powder.
5) Add 1 tsp vegetable oil and stir fry the dry chili pepper in low heat until the pepper color turned to burgundy color. Around 15 mins. Use the hand to crush the dry chili pepper into smaller pieces. Then grind the dry chili pepper into powder.
6) Cut the spring onion into 3 inches long. Add 5 tbsp vegetable oil and then add 25 grams of dry chili pepper and peppercorns. When the oil gets warm, add chili bean sauce. Stir fry for 12 mins. Add spring onion, ginger & garlic slices. Stir fry for 20 seconds until you smell the aroma of the spring onion and the garlic. Add Shaoxing wine & 2 cups of water. Once it gets boiled, add beef slices one pieces by one pieces. Cook for 1 min. Add dark soy sauce and chicken bouillon powder and stir well. Cook for 10 seconds and turn off the heat.
7) Place cucumber slices onto the bottom of the big bowl. Pour the food into the bowl. Garnish with finely chopped spring onion.
8) Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil. Add chili powder and 1 tsp of minced garlic. Add 1/4 cup of vegetable to boil it to 380F. Pour them onto the food.
9) Sprinkle with 1 tsp of sesame oil and sprinkle with peppercorn powder.
10) Serve hot.